We are committed to maintaining the privacy of all personal information that you provide. The following policy describes the privacy practices of LubbockForKids (“we” or “us”). You should read this policy in order to understand how we treat the information you provide to us as you use our website.
- Data we collect: “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Email address
- First and Last Name
- Address, City, State, Zip (optional)
- Display name and password
- Age groups, to determine events of interest
- How we use the information provided. If you submit personal information to us through our website, we may use that information to operate and maintain the website. The information we collect allows us to send you information via email marketing on upcoming events that you have requested or that may be of interest to you and your family. It allows us to send notifications about anything new and exciting at LubbockForKids. If you should wish to unsubscribe to any such marketing at any time, simply follow the unsubscribe directions in the email or email us via the contact form on this website. We may occasionally conduct online surveys and want to offer you the opportunity to participate, if you choose to. The information also allows us to provide advertisers and potential advertisers with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- If you log on to our Site with your login credentials from Facebook, we may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from Facebook as described below and use this information in part to create your account (“Account”).
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files, product ratings, comments, and messages that you store using your Account.
- When you post comments on product rating areas of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. This information may also be shared with Facebook for posting on your Facebook wall or timeline in accordance with your request (see below for more information about the Site’s interaction with Facebook).
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Who we may share information with. We keep your personally identifiable information confidential and we generally do not disclose it to third-parties, with the following exceptions:
- We may share information from giveaways with carefully selected business associates that provide prizes to LubbockForKids. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide you with special opportunities and offers. Also, contest winners may be asked to provide information such as physical address and phone number to prize providers for prize fulfillment purposes.
- Our website may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a mailing host or printer). These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
- We may disclose information you provide to our website when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our website, our users, or others.
- Also, any information that you include in a comment to our website, particularly the blog, may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public. The information contained in a comment may be viewable by all users of the website. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE website, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Links to Other Web Sites. The LubbockForKids site contains links to other sites through advertising and directory listings. LubbockForKids is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We do not endorse any such sites or the information, material, products, or services contained on or accessible through the sites and you access and use of such sites, included information, material, products, and services, therein, is solely at your own risk.
- Your choices regarding your personal data: We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
- You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by visiting your own account page and changing the answers to the questions you were asked when you joined our Site. Other information is derived directly from Facebook and may be edited by changing your Facebook information. You may remove your account from Facebook by removing the LubbockForKids.com application from your list of approved apps on Facebook. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by emailing remove@LubbockForKids.com. Please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
- Security: LubbockForKids is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while LubbockForKids uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
- Personal information, once collected, generally is not shown on our website. Exceptions to this rule include (a) when you click on the "unsubscribe" or "manage preferences" link in an email, our third-party mailing host may display your information so that you can update it and (b) when you include personally identifiable information in a comment to the website, such as a comment to a blog post.
- Contacting LubbockForKids. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
P.O. Box 53762
Lubbock, Texas 79453